XCEL Power Systems have over 56 years of design experience in Power Conversion equipment for some of the most demanding environments in the aerospace, military and industrial market sectors. Our engineering department provides a seamless "end-to-end" solution - from conceptual design to production readiness. This demands the very best in cross-functional engineering expertise and total project management, ensuring that the final design is brought in on cost and on time.
Our capabilities include:
- Proven existing "portable" design topologies for avionics / military applications
- Custom design solutions to meet specific input / output needs
- High Voltage / High Isolation design expertise
- Filtering and EMC compliant solutions to highest Mil Spec requirements
- CAD based, state of the art integrated schematic capture - pcb layout design tools
Mechanical & Thermal Design
- Dedicated, experienced resource for mechanical & thermal design
- 3D modelling using the latest software
- In-house model shop for first off hardware
- Validation capability for vibration, temperature cycling & thermal shock
- Stress and Failure Mode Analysis (to MIL Std)
Project and Programme Management
All engineering programmes are monitored and controlled, with timeline reporting using Microsoft Project. Close co-operation between our engineering department and the customer's project team ensures that projects are brought in on time, on cost and to specification.
Documentation control is maintained in accordance with XCEL's ISO 9001:2008 Accredited Quality, BS EN 9100:2009 Design & Manufacture, and ISO 14001:2004 Accredited Environmental Systems , with additional support where required to meet the specific needs of the project.